There is an exciting opportunity to join Kent Cricket and lead a team to manage, and be accountable for all operational aspects of the club’s activities.
You will be a key member of the Senior Management team and will be expected to devise and implement a plan to ensure the profitable, safe and effective management of the club’s operations.
• You will have the overall responsibility for the safe operation and effective functioning of the Club’s match days, events, buildings and facilities at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence.
• You will be responsible for ensuring the club’s facilities comply with the Health & Safety legislation, with support from the club’s safety officer.
• You will oversee the set up and day-to-day management of all activity and events on grounds other than The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence.
• You will take on the planning for the continued development and on-going maintenance of The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence and The County Ground, Beckenham.
• You will manage and administer the work in the operational areas of the club and organise people and resources in order to ensure everything operates smoothly and effectively.
• You will lead a highly talented team capable of delivering a high standard of operational effectiveness, including groundsmanship and maintenance.
• You will manage the properties occupied by Kent Cricket tenants.
• You will be responsible for the ground set up on all match days and all outdoor events in liaison with the head groundsman, head of maintenance and match day safety officer
• You will play an active role in managing budgets for operational areas of the club and work with the finance director to ensure appropriate financial controls are in place.
• You will co-ordinate the development and maintenance of the club’s record keeping – in particular in relation to employment records, health and safety policies, emergency procedures, and statutory compliance matters.
• You will form a strong, effective and open working relationship with the chief executive.
Suitable candidates will be driven by a desire to deliver high operational standards. They will be commercially aware, astute, well organised, with a demonstrable track record of delivering success. They will currently be successful in a senior management position.
A knowledge, appreciation and understanding of the sports industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
• They will be a results focused team leader, knowledgeable and widely respected, and with a proven track record of delivering operational results.
• They will be an organised operational thinker, not afraid to take responsibility and take the initiative to achieve goals.
• They will have sound judgment, with a track record of making the right decisions.
• They will be an energetic self-starter with motivation, commitment and enthusiasm.
Someone who is not afraid of hard work and happy working at anti-social hours - due to the seasonal nature of the role.
• They will have the ability to work with all members of the whole organisation, from the tearoom to the boardroom.
• They will possess the ability to grasp the opportunities that may exist to contribute to the continued development of Kent Cricket.
• They will be a collaborative leader who develops excellent working relationships.
Knowledge and Experience
• Proven track record of leading operational aspects of an organisation.
• A background in operations within a consumer facing organisations preferred.
• Demonstrable track record of converting a vision and strategy into tangible operational targets to budget and time.
• Sound financial management experience, with responsibility for significant budgets.
• A full driving licence and good computer literacy.
Kent County Cricket Club welcomes applications from a fully diverse range of candidates, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
In order to apply, please send full curriculum vitae with relevant biographical details (including current remuneration) and a covering letter with a personal statement on your qualification for the role.
Candidates should also send names and contact details for two referees (referees will not be contacted until final interview stage).
Applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by post, addressed to: Jamie Clifford, Chief Executive Officer, Kent County Cricket Club, The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Old Dover Road, CANTERBURY, Kent CT1 3NZ
The deadline for receipt of applications is 9am Monday, 24th April 2017. Please mark all correspondence “Private and Confidential”.